PUR adhesive (Polyurethane reactive adhesive; also called reactive hot melt, reactive polyurethane, or RPU adhesive) is a one-part formulation that mechanism of action is that the polyurethane prepolymer reacts with the moisture in the air to cure and crosslink to form a stable chemical structure.
Hopson PUR adhesive is a very fast-setting adhesive. Initial handling strength is achieved within 30 minutes. Hopson PUR glue can be used in edge-to-edge joints, I- beam joints. It is suitable for bonding tropical wood, and sandwich panels. Typical applications in windows, doors, and pillars. It gives an exceptionally high mechanical strength.
The combination of no-mix one-part application, rapid handling strength, and high final strength make PUR adhesives excellent candidates to help improve throughput and reduce processing time.
Hopson PUR glue, like Fevicol 1K PUR, is designed for outdoor weather conditions. The adhesive bond is
resistant to cold and hot weather conditions. Hopson PUR gives a clear glue line on drying that can be
sanded, painted, or stained.
- Quick initial curing, can reach initial curing after 10 to 20 minutes after gluing.
- Has gap-filling properties.
- No pot life problems
- High-strength bond.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Low VOC —> Green product
- Good high and low-temperature resistance
- Excellent weather resistance, sealing, corrosion resistance, aging resistance, creep resistance, and
temperature shock resistance.
PUR adhesives have a very wide variety of applications. These applications include flooring which often
used as carpet glue, and in joineries where it is a perfect wood and fabric glue. The industry uses for
PUR Adhesives are equally varied:
- Strongly Bonds wood to wood.
- Used for Windows and door frame assembly
- Staircase assembly.
- Laminate bonding of wood and wood materials
- Joint bonding for outdoor use. Eg: Edge-to-edge joints, I- beam joints
- Suitable for bonding tropical wood, and sandwich panels.
- Takes to wood stains easily.
- Other applications in Plywood, mineral building boards, rigid plastics, foams, concrete, and ceramics.
- More other uses(Construction, Furniture, Laminating, shipbuilding, Cladding, etc. )
|Brand||Hopson or OEM|
|Finish/Color||Brownish-yellow viscous clear liquid|
|VOC Concentration (EPA Method 24)||0 grams per liter|
|Open Time||20 to 25 minutes|
|Foams when Drying||Foams Slightly|
|Application Temperature||above 20 °C (68 °F)|
|Recommended Use||Interior, Exterior, Bonding Porous Surface to Non-Porous Surface|